Suicidal depression in simple terms according to mental health professionals refer to it as “depression with suicidal thoughts.” Suicidal thoughts are mind conversations, interogations, disruptions and feelings on “downess” This results to one resolving in taking his/her own life or even attempting to do so.:
When someone has clinical depression with suicidal ideation as a symptom, Marshall says it means that they are experiencing suicidal thoughts as part of their overall health symptoms. “However, it’s important to remember the vast majority of people who are depressed do not go on to die by suicide,” she explains.
Symptoms of Depression disordes
- Lack of interest in usual activities
- Changes in sleep and appetite (either increases or decreases)
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of sadness
- Feelings of restlessness
- Difficulty concentrating, thinking, or making decisions
Yous be mindful that thoughts of suicide can also occur outside the context of clinical depression and can occur with other mental health conditions, such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress, or substance use disorders.
It can be hard to know when someone may be thinking about suicide, so we encourage others to notice changes in behavior, thoughts, or mood that could indicate the presence of a worsening mental health condition.
However, it is also tricky to ask someone if he/she is planning for suicide but don’t be afraid to ask someone if they have been having thoughts of suicide, especially if they are experiencing significant life stressors. Listen to the person without judgment and offer to stay with them until professional help arrives.
What are the signs of suicide?
While not an exhaustive list, some of the more common signs that you or someone you know may be contemplating suicide include:
- Making statements about feeling helpless, hopeless, and worthless. He/she complains much and blames self , family or friends. He admits that indeed life doesn’t deserve him.
- Talking about wanting to die. If someone says ‘it’s better to die than living this way…” It means he/she is depressed.he has gone through alot and she sees no future.
- Withdrawing from friends, family, and social interactions. He/she distances himself from people and opts to stay just alone. He/she may be seen crying or sobbing unquestioned. Such persons needs love.
- Writing about death- wills , letters . This is always a final stage. What always follow next is a tragedy. Most people who have written such wishes end up dying. If this happens, always talk to the person. You may be the solution.
- Participating in excessive alcohol or drug use
- Aggressive behavior
- Buying a weapon or collecting and saving pills
- saying goodbye to friends, family, and loved ones
It’s important to know that when you are experiencing the above, you are absolutely NOT ALONE. Though you may feel LONELY, sharing your problem with some one can possibly save your life. Remember Suicidal Thoughts are temporary but suicide is permanent! Life is precious too as the Bible quotes. Hence taking own life is a SIN. You can be helped mentally with therapy sessions until you are okay and your problem is solved. Make a good decision always.
AfyaFitness20 — 0797 787 429